PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe pilots fired after flight deck row
View Single Post
Old 29th Apr 2012, 21:58
Private jet

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
This is not a black&white issue, yes there are many shades of grey. I expressed an opinion, as anyone on here is entitled to do & it is this; In this day and age if you pursue a career as a military pilot that should be your career, end of. Military people go on and on about superior, no expense spared training, combat experience, blah blah blah.......well, if its so good, STICK WITH IT. Do not arrive in our world with a nice easy conversion (multicrew IR, with help from the taxpayer, who, btw paid for your training in the first place) and expect slavish respect for your military "credentials". You ex mil people, are, to be honest, "johnny come latelys" so apply the principle of rank, that you seem to respect so much, and learn from the civvy whos more senior to you. Unless you are being arrogant and hypocritical of course. Too many mil pilots treat civilian flying as some sort of pension scheme. This seems to be a modern phenomenon. I've known ex RAF pilots from the 60's/70's/80's who have come into the "real world" and have been willing to learn & been good blokes and everyone has got on superbly. Something is very wrong with the "modern" airforce..... Oh, btw i did fly a Citation a dozen years ago....& i learnt a lot from it too. I now fly an aircraft thats much more luxurious than a tornado/typhoon/C17 whatever, and thats what aviation is all about; getting from A to B,fast, safely, and in comfort. Goodnight.