PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New student pilot
View Single Post
Old 29th Apr 2012, 21:03
Say Cheese

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi all and thanks for the welcome.

I am not afraid to ask questions if I don't know something. I just have a desire to learn how things work the way they do and if I don't know then I will ask. I am a firm believer that you never stop learning

With reference to the exams, I am not sure if I need to pass Air Law before solo or not. I have my first lesson booked for this Friday (weather dependent, lets all hope for CAVOK!) and will ask then.

In regard of a medical, I can see no reason why I shouldn't get signed off. As it's an NPPL for microlights that I am going for I believe it's a medical that I declare I am fit then get the Dr to sign to say he agrees, rather than he has to examine me. My job also means I have to be pretty fit so that should help.

Having the different categories of airspace around Wycombe was a reason for choosing there, not just that it's my most local airfield. I was also hoping at some point I would be allowed in the tower to see how things work, as hopefully it'll provide a good experience.

On the subject of airband radios, as I just want to listen in, not transmit (no licence so would be illegal), what do people recommend?

Also, I will look at posting different threads for each lesson but thought that it might be easier to keep all info contained in just this one thread?

Thanks all for the advice. Please keep them coming as it's all helpful stuff.

Regards,