PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JetGo Australia????
View Single Post
Old 29th Apr 2012, 20:58
CaptCaveman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jeez, a bloke has a quite weekend away and it’s like coming home and finding the kids have run amok.

flying-spike

How wide do you want to throw those barbs? Your original post, where I supposedly “grasped the wrong end of the pineapple”, was not target specific, you did clarify your comment and acknowledged that JetGo appeared to be getting the job done, as I’ve acknowledged, but you did not have the good grace to concede that the original post wasn’t clear and appeared to cast aspersions on the JetGo people, their experience and knowledge, and that it could have caused offence to those individuals, for that, I believe an apology is warranted. You obviously disagree, and as I said, that’s your privilege. But, to come back a second time and add an additional target, “a braggard SMS snake oil salesman”, who hadn’t posted for awhile before your comment, smacks of desperation to justify your miss thrown barb and possibly, an inability to admit an error or apologise if you’ve inadvertently or unintentionally caused offence. Is sorry, really the hardest word for you in those circumstances?

Now, as to whether I’m too thick to realise that you don’t want a job with JetGo, as I pointed out, I got that you didn’t, as I said, “I almost thought” but you did sound like you were changing your tune with regard to JetGo. You also stated that, “It would be privilege to be at the helm of the SMS when you have the ability to shape the safety culture of the organisation from scratch”, I did understand that you were thinking wistfully about such an opportunity, not asking for a job; but even your mate thought you were kissing JetGo’s arse.

My oleo is extended

I did read, and reread, your post, and I thought it was a glib and flippant comment designed to belittle JetGo’s achievement in gaining an AOC and I’m an expert (self proclaimed of course, in true Pprune tradition) in smartarse comments, as I make them all the time, but you blokes don’t seem to have picked up on that fact. So yeah, I reckon it was a comment aimed at JetGo maybe not being able to keep their new AOC. No personal offence taken by me though mate.

“an entry level AOC”, well I’ll bow to your expertise on this, as I’ve never been involved in helping any company obtain an AOC, contrary to the suspicions you, and flying-spike, hold. But I would have thought, being a non AOC procurement expert, unlike you who’s apparently been involved in the process multiple times, that perhaps an AOC for say, SE Pistons doing Aerial Work, would be generally thought of as an entry level type AOC, with High Capacity RPT being the top of the AOC pile, and JetGo’s new AOC, as being somewhere in between those levels of achievement.

So, I checked CASA’s website, out of interest, to see how many companies have an AOC with the privileges that I’ve heard JetGo will enjoy; Jet, International Operations, Charter and High Capacity (not positive about the HC, so I won’t quote the number on that); out of the 600 companies with a charter AOC, there were only 79 with Charter >5700kg (necessary for Jungle Jet operations if any readers are unfamiliar with JetGo’s aircraft), 68 with International Ops and 33 with Jet. Now as some of those 600 companies hold all of those privileges, and some of the 600 don’t operate either jets or aircraft over 5700kgs to the best of my knowledge, it would still appear that the total numbers who hold all the privileges that JetGo is rumoured to have gained, to be a small percentage of the 600. So, I filtered the search and it appears there are only 30 out of 600 that hold those 3 privileges, or 5%, I could of course have incorrectly filtered the AOC holders and will stand corrected if I have got the numbers wrong. I guess if JetGo have got High Capacity on their AOC, as rumoured as well, then that’ll be an even smaller percentage. I’ll go out on a limb and say that JetGo have actually achieved a lot more than only “an entry level AOC” (not a term CASA seems to use on their website, that I can find anyway), I suspect you’ll disagree, as is your privilege of course. I’d also guess that all our fellow Ppruners will soon be able to determine for themselves whether JetGo’s AOC is only a lowly “entry level AOC”, or perhaps a somewhat higher achievement than you’ve indicated, when the details are published on the CASA website in the next week or so, for all to view, and then perhaps workout for themselves how a high percentage of AOC holders actually enjoy the privileges that JetGo is rumoured to have obtained.

Now Boys,

Do I work for JetGo? No, guess again. I do know some, but not all, of the players who were involved on both sides of getting the AOC issued, as many Ppruners also would. You meet and work with lots of people over the years, and Australian Aviation isn’t that big, but that doesn’t mean you have a close relationship, either personal or professional with them, does it? I haven’t had any direct contact with some of the players I’ve heard mentioned, for up to 20 years. So, no JetGo Management meetings for me, I loathe having to attend my company’s meetings now; KPIs, operating costs, etc, BORING!

Do I have a go at anyone who’s less than positive about JetGo? I don’t think I have actually had a go at “all” those people but you’re free to disagree, though I’m sure having fun throwing a few barbs out of my own at some of you nay sayer’s and people making statements with either no basis, or an inability to defend their statements when challenged. I barrack for the underdog, always have, always will, and I love stirring the possum; that’s why I joined this little game. Do I know if JetGo is going to succeed or not? No, reread what I’ve said in previous posts, I just wish JetGo well, hope that they do succeed, and as always, I back the battler having a go.

Am I an emotional kneejerker (have I just made up a word?), who crumbles under pressure in the cockpit, well I’ll leave that up to the people who’ve actually flown with me, and the check and trainers, who’ve been putting me under the usual pressure for all these years; that’s for them to answer. Opinionated, of course, I’m a pilot, I kind of thought that it goes with the territory. I tell you what, if having a go at me gets your fluids circulating and helps you, figuratively, extended your personal oleos while doing it, have at it, I’m a big boy; I do hope that your oleo extension isn’t literal though while having a go at me.

FYI, the last time I needed a tissue in the cockpit and had to handover, was a few years ago now, when I had to wipe the drool off my chin after seeing one of the new glamours working down the back and before going to have a chat with her. Sorry, female FA’s, I’ve got to stop being a Neanderthal Caveman…………. narr, bugger that!

I will say in my defence though, I do know how to open most aircraft doors, you kind of pick that up over the years, but I can’t positively say that about a Jungle Jet, as I’m not endorsed, so fair point to you Oleo.

The Caveman

P.S. Boys, it’s nice to see Spike that Oleo has forgiven your positive JetGo comments, and Spike that you’ve forgotten Oleo’s “brown tongue” comment, as that tongue wouldn’t have been fun when, as you again seem to be, figuratively speaking, “swapping warm spit in the showers” (Clint Eastwood, Heartbreak Ridge). I truly don’t want to know if it’s actually physical though, as that would be a hideous image, unless you’re 2 women of course; in which case, please post some pictures .