PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Clark Institute of Aviation
View Single Post
Old 29th Apr 2012, 18:45
honestpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stratocruiser377

I have a BRILLIANT idea for you. Here it is!

You should think CAREFULLY before you open your mouth. It would do everyone here a HUGE favor!

Many students from Alpha aviation at SHJ have passed exams with either great help or by alpha ignoring their bad exam performance. Seriously if you are not going to be using the tool, which i must add that every aviation college in the world does, then why use it. U want to know more?

I sadly cannot proof this but lets hope that u believe me. I was quietly revising for my GCAA exams in one of the classrooms when all of a sudden I find 2 nervous students coming in for their pre-selection exams. I spoke to both and they both said that their maths was weak. I said it is k do not worry you will not find it that hard!

Anyways i was proved to be wrong. One of the staff (i am not mentioning his name) came into the room with the exams and when the students faced difficulties he would just help them to get the answers. He would not say that question 1 is 15 he would use an example and hope that the students would then get it right.

Now are all exams done like that? If so in the future when I have an accident I will say 'Sorry, captain but you were not there next to me to guide me how to fly well'

I am sorry but ALL exams in the pilot training should be done as professionally as possible. That means that you should remove all the cheating that happens. I as a student know that not all can be removed but atleast make an effort. People get help in their interview and pre-selection exams, GCAA exams and then they go for flying. I have been in alpha for 8 months or so and EVERYONE apart from 1 student that has gone for the exams has passed. Seriously is that good? It shows that there are NO standards. My friend went to Oxford in the UK for the mpl and failed. He said that there were 6 students in hit batch and NO ONE was offered a place. Seriously, alpha should not bother with the pre selection exams. It is just pointless. They should have a banner saying "Do you have 450k DHS to lose, If so Alpha Aviation is the place for you"