PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I have Ankylosing Spondylitis. Is it better to quit flying?
Old 29th Apr 2012, 10:47
Bearcat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just dropped 200 lids seeing a consultant rheumatologist the other day.....a lot of these guys run scarred when they hear the CAA will be poking their noses in the door and will be the final arbitrator to the course of drugs taking re Licence/ career etc.

Why u using this?

Sulfasalazine belongs to the class of medications called anti-inflammatories. It is used to treat inflammatory bowel disease such as ulcerative colitis, distal ulcerative colitis proctitis, and Crohn's disease. It helps control symptoms by reducing inflammation in the bowel. The enteric-coated tablets can be used to treat rheumatoid arthritis when treatment with other medications has not helped. It may take 1 to 2 months before you see any results.

Me on this stuff

What is Celebrex?

Celebrex (celecoxib) belongs to a group of drugs called nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). It works by reducing hormones that cause inflammation and pain in the body.

Celebrex is used to treat pain or inflammation caused by many conditions such as arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, and menstrual pain. It is also used in the treatment of hereditary polyps in the colon

Celebrex may also be used for purposes not listed in this medication guide.