PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Seniority is it time to get rid of it?
View Single Post
Old 29th Apr 2012, 09:58
TightSlot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LHLisa - Your world appears to be dominated by injustice, tragedy and terrifying events: It must be exhausting.

There appears to be no aspect of the routine Flight Attendant life that has failed negatively to affect you. Rosters, seniority, crew food, weekends off, pilots, union voting, who gets off the bus first and who gets checked in last - the list appears endless. As somebody who has followed the same career choice as you, for significantly longer, I can only apologise: Clearly many of the injustices that should have been happening to me have been happening to you instead - you are having my share as well as your own, and this, like everything else, must strike you as unfair, especially given that I have some small seniority and am therefore an unwitting exponent of discrimination and exploitation. I am humbled and embarrassed but above all, as I consider the vast tapestry of unfairness that is my working life being unpicked before me, I am simply overwhelmed by the size of the task.

I notice that a majority of your posts are made in the D&G forum: Only relatively recently have we been able to enjoy the fruits of your perception here in the CC area. The D&G forums would seem to be a much better venue for your contributions and attitude given that so many there are of like mind and means of expression. For those of us who are so foolish as to enjoy our work as CC, this will enable the continuation of our naiveté unblemished by the awful truth. That said, we'll miss you.