PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Susi Air 5 dead in 9 months
View Single Post
Old 29th Apr 2012, 08:20
Gligg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quote : 'You need to build your hours by working on entry level jobs, such as flight instructing, fire spotting, fish spotting, aerial scenic joy flights etc.

Once you have 1000 to 1500 hours, then start looking at airlines. I know it's easier said than done, but that's how many people have done it in the past. Unless you're born with a silver spoon or have very good contacts in the industry, then I'm afraid you'll have to spend some time flying entry level jobs to build your hours and experience. In the mean time, good luck and don't give up.'

Good advice Xanadu, but I take it you have a different view these days?

To the best of my knowledge, multi IFR gigs in Indonesia tend to come with strings attached - time on type, P2F, self fund your type rating and the like... options which are not to everyones taste, or budget. Which leaves SE VFR. Not glamorous, not easy, but hey without a 'silver spoon or good contacts', still a valid option in my humble opinion.

If there are loads of Multi IFR jobs for low timers without that silver spoon, then its a no brainer - go for it. I just havent seen the evidence, after a number of years in country.