PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Seniority is it time to get rid of it?
View Single Post
Old 29th Apr 2012, 01:21
LHLisa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have spoken up at a recent union meeting on this matter, and the union agreed with me that the current seniority system is very unfair to juniors casuals and NZ crew. The union are thankfully encouraging discussion on this matter, as are management. I am doing my best to try to fix an unfair system and make it fairer for all. Having discussions like this on forums is a great start and a big help. I am extremely appreciative to everyone who has posted here, and I hope people continue to do so. It is possible on this site to send a private message to me, so if anyone would like to do that I encourage that.

83% of FAAA members who voted on this issue voted for seniority. That does not mean 83% of cabin crew or the majority of cabin crew voted for seniority. Statistics can be mis represented quite easily unfortunately.

All forms of social injustice matter to me, and having worked in an unfair system for ten years I am keen for change, and for juniors, casuals , NZ crew etc to have a voice .

I have heard that rotating seniority can work well for crew, as per 737 tech crew. I would love to hear other people's ideas and suggestions.

Last edited by LHLisa; 29th Apr 2012 at 01:32.