PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Netjets Passenger Preflight Procedures
View Single Post
Old 28th Apr 2012, 16:49
Bjarnum

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@epsum

Thanks, very useful.

@ smallfry,

Good question. Reason is that Netjets in terms of fleet size compares well to major airlines and they are the biggest fractional operator. They also have a huge support team providing a very integrated operation. No doubt there are other Biz-jet companies that due the same, wether its Vistajet or others, but none to the size and apparent efficiency of Netjets. After all they manage over 700 jets. One of the largest airlines in the world, Delta, has a fleet size that big. They are a major player.

Also, all info on average passenger preflight procedures for long-haul commercial carriers is readably available. My study includes the most frequent long-haul routes for First Class seats, as well as All-business configured airplanes operating with various airlines.

When finding a potential market for Point-to-Point Supersonic, Hypersonic and Suborbital space planes, the Netjets traffic and First Class traffic are of interest as these are potential users of such higher speed services. However, speed inst everything as one has to figure in passenger terminal procedures as so on. This is were NJ and First Class terminal procedures of interest when it comes to time savings. Hope that answers your question.

@ redsnail,

Thank you for your notice. I do understand what you have written, and although I will assume what your saying is true, I am not legally bound by any said contract with NJ. If you feel that this breaches PPrune rules, please advise them. Also, plenty of FBO ground support know times and procedures as do people not working directly for NJ. I may also note, that private messages can help in getting feedback.