PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qatar Airways How long after the Interview ?!?!?
Old 28th Apr 2012, 13:50
Italiancadet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NTSO

Fellow aviators,

I also attended the interview for the NTSO in January.

Everything was perfectly arranged and since that day I am even more eager to join this company.
We were told to receive the results within 4 to 6 weeks, however, I did not hear back from Qatar Airways so far.

It has been almost 4 months now, and the amount of patience that one needs to have is huge.
After having done a bit of research I found out that all communication regarding interview results / contracts towards NTSO’s came to a complete,
sudden stop around half of February (except the communication towards unsuccessful candidates from what I’ve heard)

I realize we are not a priority, and that our training will be more expensive and will also take longer than that of FTSO’s / FO’s.
Clearly, training facilities are running at full capacity and the intake of NTSO’s will therefore be very slow.

Having said this I do understand why NTSO’s don’t get their contract and date of joining, patience is really needed here.
What I really don’t understand is why some of us still didn’t get their interview results after 5 months of waiting (I recall some NTSO’s waiting from December without any news, feedback, not anything!).

If no news in the first 2 weeks is good news, than why not send us a simple email stating that we passed and that now we have to wait for an unspecified amount of time, but that their
intention is to hire us when there will be training slots available.

The fact that this is not happening is nerve-racking and makes me feel left in the dark.

The only logical explanation that still gives me good hope of receiving a positive answer is that they don’t want to give us the yes / no yet because than they will have a sort of obligation
to send us a contract and date of joining within a reasonable time frame (which is simply not possible due to training capacity not being available) .

I really hope everyone will receive their answer soon.
It’s an amazing chance and a very good company, I really think it’s the best available for fresh graduates.

Goodluck to all of you!

P.S.: When I did my interview we were with 12 fresh graduates. NTSO interviews are still taking place, a friend of mine (FTSO) was in a mixed group with FTSO’s, FO’s and also one NTSO very recently.