PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rwandair? Any info
View Single Post
Old 28th Apr 2012, 07:13
B737africa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
correction

This does not mean that pilot from LOT are not good driver,actually I found them very good pilots better than Lufthansa but.......please we do not wanna talk about English language .
I have to remind you that several times LOT has been delay due the fact pilots could not speak in english .. actually one time have been grounded I think it happen in Heatrow due to the fact pilots could not understand ,incident has been reported in news.
Now say that I repeat I feel safer flying with LOT or Eurolot rather than any other company.

"Polish Pilots Recently a Lot Boeing 737 with ninety-three passengers aboard came within seconds of a midair collision. The plane was being piloted with two Polish-pilots who had not passed the English proficiency exam. The plane was flying into Heathrow Airport when the controllers had advised them with instructions after their instruments became unreliable. The pilots could not understand the controllers' instructions and often deviated from their vectors. Because of the Polish pilots' inability to understand clearly where they were in relationship to the airport, the controllers had to vector another plane instead in order to avoid a mid-air collision. In the final report by the Air Accidents Investigation Branch (AAIB) it states:
“The crew of Lot 282 were not able to communicate adequately the nature and extent of their problem . . .The commander, who was making the radio calls, was not able to understand some of the instructions . . . the initial error by the co-pilot . . .was compounded by the difficulty of obtaining information from the pilots because of their limited command of English ” (Ben Webster, 2008)"