PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - any significant others here who can enlighten me about life 'over there'?
Old 28th Apr 2012, 06:35
Cloud Bunny

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ssauer1930the only thing I would add to this discussion is don't keep asking everyone else what they think and get out for a holiday and have a look around. Do some of the tourist bits but dont treat it as a holiday as such - it's more of a fact finding mission.
My wife and I (having visited Dubai on holiday) did just that before commiting to the Emirates selection and it firmed up our thoughts and beliefs that we would have a better way of life here than the one we 'enjoyed' back in the UK.
Dubai is not without it's faults and in some regards can be quite frustrating when trying to set up home - but then where the hell isn't when you are moving to a new Country especially if it is your first time.
Anyway, now we are settled we could not be happier. We had a discussion just yesterday when we were enjoying the sunny weather on the beach about how little we miss the UK and how we have no plans to hurry back anytime soon. My wife works in a good job, earning a lot more than she did back in the UK, I love my job, we enjoy what there is to enjoy and let the stuff that can potentially 'wind you up' just roll off our backs. Dubai is very much a place that you make of it what you want to make of it and you wont be able to make any kind of decision until you experience it first hand for yourself and stop comparing it to a war zone!!!