PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - any significant others here who can enlighten me about life 'over there'?
Old 28th Apr 2012, 04:31
ssauer1930

Location: floating around in the sea of life- still don't know what I want to be when (if) I grow up
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
considering ME..

I appreciate your views- and one person's paradiase is another's Hell...
In the beginning there was/is a possibility of Dubai.
Now I am not sure...I really didn't plan to work, as have been'retired' for awhile. I have been a Federal Government employee in Public Health, and there may be a position in Doha...so if I decided to work so would look at QA.
I was all happy when I read Sassy's post...then read the one after and have a feeling that that is more appropriate to what I have heard.
Yep- the airlines in the US want more, more, more..for les, less, less. Just like American hospitals employing nurses...
I would consider working in a ME hospital IF I was certain it wasn't going to be as bad as the US hospitals have become.
And having so at home more days would be great.
Thinking, even if have to reapply for positions later.
Driving really that bad, eh? What if we chose Doha- is it the same there?
I do worry about the driving, as I have a very, very fragile neck/back due to an injury. Getting in an accident is a risk. But so is falling down...
The more we know, the easier it might be to decide to get a look/live in a different culture. Which I have enjoyed even here in the US, living/working on Native American reservations in very remote areas- delivering babies in Hogans, burying a piece of umbilical cord, do deliveries with full ceremony/drums outside the door and 20 people in the room,having the FOB standing there with a knife because he wants a healthy baby (after mom has done years of ETOH/drugs, getting knife wounds
,gunshot dropped off the end of a pickup truck outside the ER door, oh- it is quite a 3rd world on some rez's...
Thanks again- the more we (I) know the easier my decision.
Thanks- please keep adding your feeling, anyone!