PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - B737 WINDSHEAR ESCAPE MANEUVRE
View Single Post
Old 28th Apr 2012, 03:56
de facto

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think the FMA won't change as you're still on the GA N1 limit. You're not changing the thrust limit by the second TOGA press, just how much of that mode you're getting, whether it's a thrust for 1-2000fpm or full GA thrust.
I disagree...............and does my AMM on Autothrottle system.

The FMA will read GA during the reduced thrust and N1 during max thrust.
The N1 shows you the FMC N1limit thrust is used .
You shouldn't get an N1 indication until another vertical mode or you manually select N1.
...and you will have TOGA in the pitch mode to remind you that you aint in verticle speed mode

I wrote this earlier but seems like it did not get much attention:to get MAX thrust with AT engaged,the second click must be done AFTER initial GA thrust is set.
So maybe you always click the dam... buttons too quickly and never got MAX thrust...hence the FMA confusion.
Just a thought
Captplaystation,
[QUOTE]If it really is that bad, that it involves sink-rate that may exceed the performance capability of the aircraft (as it has been in the thankfully relatively rare accidents so far) I don't see much point in worrying about the engines.

EGT margin remaining won't impress the accident investigators.[QUOTE]

I am not worried about the engines in THAT case,i have doubts in case some decide to firewall at any sign of predictive windshear or actual windshear that dont need such a drastic action......which could lead to overtemp...

Now on a pure technical note, i would be interested to know if full fwd thrust levers (max certified thrust) will provide some temperature margin from lets say the general ISA temp?

Last edited by de facto; 28th Apr 2012 at 05:35.