PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - individual rosters
View Single Post
Old 15th Dec 2002, 15:59
atco-matic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The main thing about individual rostering is that it seems to be an easy way of saying ''OK so you know the people you've been working with for the last (insert figure)applicable years and built up a working rapport with, not to mention those of whom are your best friends, well we don't want you to have a social life with them any more, so we're going to make them work when your off and vice versa''.

I am also concerned that those people with kids will have the earth moved to give them the roster they want to work, and the rest of us will be left to pick up the dregs.

Thats not to say that things are perfect now! I think that the present system of forcing people to change watch against their will, just to accommodate those with childcare issues, is grossly unfair. As far as I am concerned if YOU want to change watch cos YOU have kids then it should be up to YOU to find somebody to swap watches with!! I hate to say it, but you knew what this job entailed with regards shift work before you applied/ had kids!

I am not against people changing watches etc. because they have kids, but I don't see why the rest of us should get shafted because of it.