PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rwandair? Any info
View Single Post
Old 28th Apr 2012, 01:43
4runner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PGP, just because an aircraft used to fly in Poland doesn't mean that all placards and manuals are written in Polish. Additionally, LOT Poland flies throughout Europe where the required aviation language is English. I imagine that all LOT Polish pilots are required by ICAO to have at least a level 4 command of English. In the grand scheme of globalization, goods and services are moved worldwide. Aircraft are no exception. I have flown aircraft that were operated by German, American, Spanish, Mexican, Canadian and Danish airlines previously and all had pertinent information written in English. If you ask your instructor nicely, he will probably show you the original Pilot's Operating Handbook for the Cessna or Cirrus that you are currently flying is written in English. Maybe one day, you can see for yourself that most transport category aircraft have been shuffled from operator to operator, often times with colorful yet completely safe histories. In the meantime, please refrain from attempting to elevate your career and opinion of yourself by slandering random airlines on a public forum.
The same goes for you CaptPlayStation. You "heard" from a colleague unconfirmed BS so you spout it on a public forum, thus attacking a fellow pilot that you claim to have never met? I have not flown the 737-500's in question, nor have I flown with the "Greek Mafia". I do have knowledge the aircraft and crew in question and what was said by your "friend" is complete rubbish. The aircraft are leased from GE Capital and were in good mechanical condition with all manuals in English. The Greek Mafia and CP I know from being "around the block" a few times. Firstly, the guy is a total health nut that runs marathons and doesn't really drink that I've ever seen or heard of. Additionally, I confirmed from some former colleagues that no line training has occurred at RwandAir on the 737 in the last 2 years with the exception of one Captain upgrade who only flew with the 2 or 3 check airmen at the company. There have been a few P2F guys with 700 hours that have come to Africa, both at RwandAir and other operators and didn't last too long. When your first job is as a customer, a good airline pilot it does not make. Perhaps your "friend" found that he had to actually work and be flexible, and rather than Man up and do his job, he whined and complained until he was asked to leave. This HAS happened at RwandAir according to a close colleague and I think it's probably one of your "friends". Real pilots don't try and burn their colleagues. CRM is when two people that completely hate one another can safely fly together. Sounds like some people need a refresher course.