PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - User Generated Websites
View Single Post
Old 27th Apr 2012, 21:06
AlphaFoxtrot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Mixture and Jxc ,

Thanks very much for your input, I really do appreciate it.

Mixture - I apologise for my (something)'s, and I did think that the solution was much more technical than I made out. The software I use does integrate a PayPal widget, where it is a totally separate element to any website I am able to create, which obviously takes away the onus on myself for the secure web hosting and confidentiality of customer information etc, so that's not my concern.

All I was hoping to achieve was something where-by the PayPal knew what I wanted to sell (linked from my site), and say for example what I wanted to sell owned the code "7314", the user could choose "7314" from the "online stock list" (a little bit like choosing a barcoded item from Amazon), and the site would automatically register their information with whatever "7314" corresponded to on the website, so that when they hovered or clicked "7314" it would do what they wanted.

The whole reason I posted here is because A) I love to learn. I'd love to think I could get myself into this sort of thing (I am only 20, maybe I should know this, but I study Marketing, not computing, and now I want to integrate the two), and B) I wanted to learn myself before involving others, because as you say - there are an awful lot of people out there who will take a development idea home with them, and implement it before mine - purely because there's no legislation or copyright laws online against an idea.

I always seem to start out with a basic idea that would really work if I had the technical knowledge, and then I come to develop it and the technical side pulls me further and further away from completion! Nevermind, onwards and upwards! .

Jxc - Many thanks for your link, I will take a look at that now - I also really appreciate your time in replying to my thread, thank you

Many thanks again, very much appreciated,

AF