PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fun police operate across the board....
View Single Post
Old 27th Apr 2012, 20:37
tyne

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I totally understand your mistrust. I was interviewed about something the other day and was misquoted. Also despite s p e l l i n g my name out (I have an unusual last name) the ****ers got it wrong online. Not impressed at all.

A TV company made a documentary about me and my workmates. It wasn't bad, but it gave a very odd impression of how I did my job. They also failed to tell me there would be a very critical commentary by a "Journalism Expert" Nothing worse than being misquoted by some dreary not good at their job hack. You should have media ops people to stamp on stuff like that. If you want some basic tips on keeping a journo straight, I will happily drop you a PM.

As for us being as bad as paedos. Well that is a bit much. Just like saying that because some soldiers committed war crimes in Iraq, that every member of the military is a murderer. Through my job, I have had the misfortune to meet the odd paedo. Believe me, if you meet one you use that term with grest care. I could not think of a worse thing to call someone.

But I really do get the mistrust of the media. The recent TV show about Ark Royal was shocking. Utter drivel with hosts of errors, sloppy script writing and simply wrong facts. That show sensationalised non events, got things wrong and IMO let ARK R, her boys and girls and her airgroup down.