PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Falcon Express - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 15th Dec 2002, 15:04
nosirrah

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
re...

haselled,
The min required is 300 hrs twin and a type rating , so there have been times when guys have 400 TT,100 hrs twin ,get the type and then hope to get the job , in today's very competitive aviation job market, it's not just having the min's that counts, for the applicant to be hired, he/she needs to stand out among the rest in terms of experience, total time, any special and related qualifications etc. etc.It's simply a case of demand and supply...we have hired guys with a total of 500 hours and guys with more than 3000 hours to the right seat, but they all had the minimum required time.
Then there's this damn thing called professional attitude and courtesy .... how a candidate talks and behaves with the Ops manager and chief pilot does help in securing the job, unfortunately that cannot be taught anywhere and I think does influence the decision making a lot...so a guy might have a lot of time and experience but really pisses off the boss by demanding a job..believe me, it does happen.That's the reason that networking plays such a major role in aviation , a good word from a friend always helps

perceval,
I cant help u much on that, pre 9/11, US was the best and least painful($$$) option but all that has changed.I think flight safety is one of the places u can do it at, but quite expnsive.Ihave heard of some who've got it from S.Africa and australia,but sorry , i don't have the addresses u'll have to check around , maybe someone else on this thread could help......anyone???