PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fun police operate across the board....
View Single Post
Old 27th Apr 2012, 15:33
tyne

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As a member of the press with no business being here, may I politely knock on the wardroom/mess door and make a comment.

In all the years as a civvy working with the military, I would just like to say thanks.

To the several Bae146 crews who flew me and others round, but who made special trips for me,

To the 202 squadron gents who took me over my parents house so I could wave at my mum.

To the numerous 771 cabs and their people who showed me a lot of the West Scottish coast, and bits of Cornwall.

849 B flight, for more or less lending me the cab for some eye in the sky reporting.

To the Sea King lads (815) who took me along for a ride to get mail, single malt and cheese.

To the two guys who made me swear to secrecy after that SIMPRESS transfer that took most of a day and may have resulted in damage to the cab.

To the 814 guys who dropped me off near my home to save me a train fare.

All done in the name of training. And why not. Hard working people who might just benefit from a confined landing (in an MPA car park) as a bit of training, and if it allowed me a quicker walk to the bar to set some beers up, well that's good.

People are too quick to judge the services. You are prepared to stand up and take a bullet for Mr and Mrs Civvy. If you want to use your cab now and then for a bit of fun, it is a small price to pay.

I shall leave the Wardroom/mess now as I fear I owe some posters on here a LOT of beer.

Dan