PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK NPAS discussion: thread Mk 2
View Single Post
Old 27th Apr 2012, 12:31
SilsoeSid

Purveyor of Egg Liqueur to Lucifer

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts
Lots of things in that doc to pick up on, but as the topic of the moment is the staffing of the control room;

FORCE CONTROL ROOM AIR OPERATIONS
24. Dedicated Control Room Dispatchers will be provided by Kent Police. They will receive initial training in air operations control and deployment and provide the Kent Air Ops capability at the FCR.
25. It is anticipated that providing the required level of cover for a country wide operation of this type will require 36 dispatchers and 5 supervisors.
26. These staff will be Kent Police employees who have attained Level 5 dispatcher capability within the FCR or in the case of supervisors are Team Leaders, (or police officer equivalents).
27. Staff will serve a 3 month tour of duty with Kent Air Ops before rotating back to their section.
This could simply be a move by Kent to have a reason to keep their present staffing levels i.e. no redundancies due to additional responsibilities. I'm hearing 'Why didn't we think of that?" from forces around the country.
I would be surprised if there would be any recruitment going on in these times of cutbacks, just a whole lot of controller upgrading to Level 5. I take it that eventually every Kent controller will be level 5/air ops trained (LEVEL 5A) and become part of the 3 month rotation.

I do notice reference to C2, (Command & Control), shouldn't that be C3, (C2 + Communication)

If there is some recruitment needed, how long before we hear cries of 'Jobs for the South' again, and do you think CAA Flt Ops might have issues with para's 30 & 31?