PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Grounded for 14 days while on any medication?
Old 27th Apr 2012, 12:14
Ropey Pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Grounded for 14 days while on any medication?

Hi,

Just ended up with a borderline chest infection due to working in a really dusty environment (house renovation).

Coughing up a little bit of pale yellow gunk and wheezing a little/waking up during the night.

GP gave antibiotics, a steroid inhaler due low peak flow and a ventolin inhaler for the night if required.

I feel fit to fly (the reason I suspected the chest infection in the first place was that my heart rate was unusually high during a 9-mile run and it felt harder than usual).

Anyway - called the company AME to cover my back and they grounded me (fair enough).

But - I am grounded for 14 days, apparently because I am on a new medication (new course of meds you have tried before come under the same umbrella). Is that right? The antibiotics are only for a 7 day course and the inhaler 'as required', which will probably be for a day or two.

And assuming this is right what do I get the GP to put on my sick note covering days 7-14 of absence?