PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FlyBe - 6
Thread: FlyBe - 6
View Single Post
Old 27th Apr 2012, 09:11
Cloud1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Deary me, only on here can any change to a company policy be pulled to pieces because it doesnt suit that individual.

A couple of facts here, the number of passengers that turn up at the airport because their meeting has finished early is very high. Quite often, these will be company bookings made through the sales department or through a travel agency rate (higher booking class) so the same fare may be available they just need to pay the administration charges which isnt bad if its one, but two of you comes to just short of a hundred quid. New Economy would remove this so the change would be free. Huge bonus for those wanting to return home 4 hours earlier.

Additionally business passengers do tend to bring hand baggage only when doing a day return. However those staying overnight or for longer tend to check a bag in so that they can take what they need. 70% of these either have their travel agent prebook the bag or they pay at the airport. The remaining 30% are surprised and unaware of the charge as they have not been notified of it at all. The free bag will mean that it may actually be cheaper to pay the additional £19 difference than £30 for a bag at the airport on the day.

If however neither of these apply, the passenger books essentials which replaces the original economy anyway. No issue really

Anyway no company can provide a package for every single individual but I do believe that this new structure will offer something for the majority of travellers no matter what their reason. It is a change that has been in the pipeline and staff are very pleased to see because we are now going back in a circle to 'the good old days' (apparently)

I am sure this is just the start - not everyone can be pleased but those that travel frequently may well appreciate the new product