PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FlyBe - 6
Thread: FlyBe - 6
View Single Post
Old 27th Apr 2012, 08:36
Cyrano

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by WingoWango
Well if that was your circumstance then you would choose the essential product and not pay the £19. I don't think its that hard to figure out.

You totally missed the point in my example. Under the old structure it would have cost a lot more to add on all of the above you mentioned.
Sorry if I wasn't clear enough: the issue I have with that bundle is that only part of it is of value to me. Of course I can get the "essentials" fare - you're right - but the advantage of unbundling is that you don't pay for what you don't want. The £19 supplement includes a number of items that I wouldn't want and previously wouldn't have paid for, so the fact that their individual prices today add up to more than £19 is irrelevant to me.

But rather than dwell on sample-of-one travel habits I think there is an interesting general question: with the industry converted to "unbundled", will flyBE be able to move the consumer back to accepting "bundled"? As Mart901 says, there is an irony in the fact that flyBE were one of the early cheerleaders for unbundling in the form of baggage charges.