PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - B737 WINDSHEAR ESCAPE MANEUVRE
View Single Post
Old 27th Apr 2012, 02:50
de facto

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
De Facto, please check vol 2. I am talking about the 737NG. Are you typed on this airplane or are you referring to the classic 737?
I am talking about the NG.
I know what your manual says,EEC protection in Normal mode.

Now i may be wrong,but i believe that WITHOUT AT even in Normal mode,a thrust overshoot is possible if thrust levels are firewalled.
I call a thrust overshoot,a thrust higher than the GA thrust calculated by the FMC.(GA N1 limit).
FULL FWD lever position thrust is limited by the EEC for the highest rating the engine can take,ie B737-8(ur fmc shows 26k) ,the engine at full forward stop will give you 27k.
I call this an over thrust for the actual conditions.
If someone can explain me otherwise,i would be quite happy to listen and maybe learn

If in doubt during the AUTOMATIC FLIGHT case I'd push the TOGA twice, three or even four times. As long as A/T is giving me full power to escape the WS I am happy
No need to get crazy on these switches either
Ok,if you press TOGA once,you will get the FD into GA mode and reduced GA thrust.( your FMA will read GA/TOGA/CMD) GA is reduced GA thrust,TOGA is for your pitch,and CMD is cause your AP is engaged.
When the thrust is stable, click one more time:and you will get full GA thrust(FMC N1Limit) and your FMA will read N1/TOGA/CMD.
In brief, when you see N1/TOGA, stop clicking

Last edited by de facto; 27th Apr 2012 at 04:09.