PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jobs in Africa (2011 onwards) part 3.
View Single Post
Old 27th Apr 2012, 02:30
lightning bird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Virgin Post

I wont bother posting my hours as they are pretty miniscule in comparison, just starting out, but realise nevertheless that in the aviation world a plan is neccessary. All apologies from diverting from linguistics and to one of nationality, now here is my dilemna Ive been reading on pprune about geting the low timer jobs in Africa but more and more it seems as though work visas are harder to come by, preference given to locals. I used to be dual nationality Botswana and U.K, however the Bots one has expired and cannot be renewed as it is illegal to be dual in Bots but not the UK. Since the introduction of e-passports in Bots they are allowing people to renounce their current citizenship to become Motswana, but has to be done soon.
I grew up in Botswana and regardless of all the red tape would like to spend a couple of years there again, it does have its positives. However speaking to the UK powers that be, I can become British again if renounced, but only once, so may be a good idea.
Sorry for the length of this as a first post but I need to make a decison now, even if all licences will not be achieved for another 2yrs, when I can only imagine the tape geting thicker, for those that have flown in that part of the world, is it worth the hassle??