PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fingers chopped by main rotor
View Single Post
Old 26th Apr 2012, 21:41
SuperF

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
didnt someone up in the UK somewhere throw a kid up into spinning blades? you can just imagine it, dad lands the helicopter, kid runs out to dad, like they always do with the car, dad jumps out of helicopter, blades still going, gets to kid under disk, and picks them up, throws them up like they always do when he arrives home.....

maybe it was just a nasty rumour, but i was sure i read about it somewhere.

i always carry my kids on my shoulders! but i tell them that they have to watch out for things, you only have to bang into a door frame, softly, a couple of times for them to figure it out! it makes them a bit more aware of their surroundings, im not always going to be there for them, the sooner they look after themselves the better. no shoulder rides around the helicopter tho, and always hold my hand, total control...

and im also really pedantic about who i let loose around the helicopter, even when its not going. helicopter on the pad, blades not turning, everyone walk around the front, especially people not used to it. if you let them round the back once, even if its easier, especially if its kids, then they remember that and will think nothing wrong with it.

if you always act like it will bite, then hopefully more people learn the safe way of doing things.