PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 8
View Single Post
Old 26th Apr 2012, 18:37
DozyWannabe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@rudderrudderrat

Looking at it again, you're right - the estimated sideslip trace shows evidence of partial data recovery, which is not in itself surprising.

The aileron traces are as you say - but prior to autopilot disconnection they are spiky, indicating regular correction. There's no consistency until after autopilot disconnect, when aileron input, which is manual, trends to the left. This does not necessarily prove a right roll condition, however it does show that the PF *believed* he was correcting a tendency to roll right. But because there is no point at which manual input is not being made post-disconnect, it is impossible to say whether that tendency was consistent, or whether it was transitory.

I'm going to need some input from the better-versed here. I know that upon autopilot disconnect, pitch trim remains in auto in Alternate Law. I know that rudder function reverts to a hard-limited yaw-damper mode in Alternate Law. What I need to know is what happens with rudder trim upon autopilot disconnect in Alternate Law - does it hold the last setting prior to disconnect, or does it return to neutral?