PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DURHAM TEES VALLEY AIRPORT - 5
View Single Post
Old 26th Apr 2012, 12:58
N707ZS

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Leading businessman takes on airport Chairman's role

A leading northern businessman has been appointed as the new Chairman of Durham Tees Valley Airport.
Robert Hough has taken up the post following the announcement in February that Peel Investments (DTVA) Limited, a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Peel Group, was to become the new majority shareholder in the Airport.
Mr Hough has been a Director of Peel Holdings since 1986 and has held a range of senior posts, including Deputy Chairman from 1989 to 2009. He was also responsible for its Airports Division and in that role was Chairman of Durham Tees Valley from 2003 to 2009.
Mr Hough, who was previously a partner in a major firm of solicitors, is currently Chairman of the Northwest Regional Development Agency and was recently appointed Chairman of the Liverpool City Local Enterprise Partnership.
Among his other roles, he chaired the Organising Committee of the Manchester Commonwealth Games from 1995 to 1999.
Said Mr Hough “Having served as Chairman at Durham Tees Valley in the past, I am delighted to be renewing my connections with the Airport - and, indeed, the area as a whole.
“All of us now involved with the management of the Airport understand that it has been a very challenging period - and the challenges will continue - but there is a determination to both secure our existing business base and build for the future.
“That means exploring all opportunities for extension of activity - both in terms of the Airport and its services and exploiting the potential of the site as a whole.
“I believe that we have already made progress in establishing strong links with our key partners in the local authorities and agencies, such as Tees Valley Unlimited. Their support - and that of the local business and wider community - is absolutely crucial if we are to ensure that the Airport can make a major contribution to the area and its economy.”