PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Miami PPL dual hire
View Single Post
Old 26th Apr 2012, 12:44
SunnyDayInWiltshire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Miami PPL dual hire

Looks like I will have a short business trip to Miami soon and should be able to spare a day for some local flying. I have a "piggyback 61.75" FAA PPL licence from my trip last year. It's technically valid (ie no need for a BFR), but I'm not fully familiar with US procedures and would want to fly with an instructor.

I was thinking of some dual time from Opa-Locka airport, perhaps to fly down to Key West or even the Bahamas. Can anyone recommend (or otherwise) the flight training organizations based there, or nearby (e.g. Fort Lauderdale) instead?

I see that Endeavour Flight Training have several G1000 equipped C172s, which would be something new to learn. Wayman Aviation also have a G1000 simulator. American Flight Training seem to be more of an ATPL commercial training organisation.

I'd be looking for a company that's more oriented towards casual/amateur PPL training/solo hire, perhaps give me a BFR that covers differences from UK/US, and incorporate a couple of interesting flights to show the possibilities of the area.

I won't have a TSA or M1 visa, just the normal short term visa waiver and ESTA, so am not looking for any qualifications or intensive training.

All suggestions and feedback welcome - PM me if you prefer - thanks in advance