PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Seniority is it time to get rid of it?
View Single Post
Old 26th Apr 2012, 08:18
LHLisa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi queen buzz , thanks for sharing your views. And great name by the way. I want to change mine to Botox Betty !

A friend and I were chatting , and discussing how we can see unfortunate similarities between seniority and apartheid .

The people holding the power achieved it purely by luck, not by expertise or other recognised means of achieving legitimate power. And those holding this power do not want to give it up, having become accustomed to what it affords them. They also do not believe they should need to share the power with those who don't have any.

Everyone is entitled to dignity in all areas of their lives. Seniority undermines that goal. If I have to beg one more time for cold left over j class food .....!

And no one who is gen Y should feel like they don't have the right to not like seniority or have an opinion.They are the ones most affected by it and as they have grown up in a world with the Internet and other multi media are in a better position to recognise unfairness than many older people. I wish all the new casuals starting all the best navigating a crazy work place. Keep a work diary, and remember that discrimination laws still apply at 30000 feet in international airspace.

Last edited by LHLisa; 29th Apr 2012 at 01:27.