PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK Hold Pool (FO's)
View Single Post
Old 26th Apr 2012, 07:30
Kernow 101

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EK Hold Pool (FO's)

Starting this thread for anyone who has received the email offer, but no course date yet. Or anyone at EK who might have some inside info, and can share some info.

Interviewed in Feb, and it seems like (bar a couple of Bus rated guys who were given CCQ courses in June) everyone from this time has been put on hold for the full course dates. EK have promised a course date in 1 to 2 weeks again! But this would be the 3rd time of promising, and it would be nice to have a little bit more info.

I am guessing that they are prioritising the remaining course slots for DEC, who seem to be being offered courses for June & July. The last FO course position I heard of being offered before this 'freeze' was August.

Or is it the availability of courses that is the problem, as they appear to outsource and thus could be renegotiating the contracts with these institutions?

If they are going to wait until the DEC positions have gone through before hiring FOs again, does anyone have an accurate idea on the DEC numbers? Last I heard was 75 positions open to offer on this round. Have they been running the interviews every week again for the DECs? (same as they were for the FO's). Or will they run the rating courses for FO & Capt side by side, and thus split the allocation of course dates each month.

Seems to me everything recruitment wise has been frozen on the FO side, no selection or PSP days since end of FEB. Seems strange considering recruitment said they would need 500+ again this year?