PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Advice for a future airline pilot
View Single Post
Old 26th Apr 2012, 02:57
Flyer-Katanic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Advice for a future airline pilot

Hey everyone,

I find this site really interesting and lot of information about flying, airlines, selection process and etc, so I decided to sign up and ask a few questions.

Just a little bit of back round info on me, I'm 19 and I live in Toronto Canada I have a PPL and I am returning to my home country, Serbia this summer to finish my pilot license (CPL & ATPL) at Prince Aviation, and work up my hours to 1000 (Hopefully haha). Hopefully when I have enough hours I want to hopefully fly for a Middle - Eastern airline company such as Emirates, Fly Dubai, Qatar Airways, and Etihad airways.

Just have a few questions for some professionals to answer and give me useful advice.

What's a good way to build up fly time hours ?

I was checking on the websites for Etihad Airways and it states "A minimum of 1000 hours on multi crew,glass cockpit jet aircraft of which 500 hours should be on one of the A320 Family and Current on one of the A320 Family" Can someone elaborate on that please ?

]I am really confused and do not no what to do after I finish and obtain my CPL, ATPL and all other add ons that are needed in order to fly for an Airline.

These are the links that I have been reading

FLyDubai
Pilots - work with us - flydubai

Etihad Airways
Job Search

Emirates
</title> <meta http-equiv="Content-Language" content="en-GB" /> <meta name="myLanguageType" content="englishUTF8" /> <meta name="Copyright" content="© 2012 The Emirates Group. All Rights Reserved." /> <meta name="Section" content=""></meta> <meta nam

Thank you for reading this and please any advice is appreciated!