PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Australia's plans for 2012
View Single Post
Old 25th Apr 2012, 22:28
Gate_15L

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Singapore must be a starter...

Virgin fly to all the other codeshare partner's hubs. Singapore is the only one left which Virgin don't fly to.

The new Business Class seats on the factory new A330s are almost identical to SQ's business class seats. They are the same manufacturer...

Not to mention high yield business traffic on that route... better than wasting it on a leisure route... How full is business class to Bali?!

Next on the cards I speculate is taking over the SYD-HKG route off Virgin Atlantic and forming a proper codeshare. I wonder how much traffic comes from LHR to SYD via HKG esp with the other multitude of choices via the M.E now...

The Borg I suspect is targeting hub to hub traffic. Look at the current long haul destinations, Abu Dhabi, Los Angeles... They're all hubs. Why fly point to point and limit yourself to one market destination when you can cover multiple destinations and conversely have a higher yield/volume from one route. Then let your codeshare partners take the traffic from their hub out.

Theres no sense in changing the recipe with Asia... Flying to Abu-Dhabi, Los Angeles and Singapore lets you offer 95% of the destinations around the world...