PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEW BA PILOT SCALE
View Single Post
Old 25th Apr 2012, 19:40
Hand Solo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hand, so management can do whatever they like?
They can propose anything they like, and then you can negotiate, fight it or accept it.

If it's one of their red lines that they won't budge on then you can't negotiate it.

If you want to fight it you'd better make sure the law is on your side (it isn't), that the company doesn't have an alternative legal scenario to hit you back with (they do), and that your members will strongly support you (in the middle of a recession they won't).

If you can't negotiate it, or fight it with any prospect of winning, then you are left with no option but to accept it.

Yes, THAT is absolutely different in any other country that recognises unions and collective bargaining.
I disagree. Germany has very union-friendly employment laws. Britain doesn't. there are many variations between. Don't assume the spirit of German employment law is present in other legal systems. There are no employee works councils here. There is no employee representative on the board here. IAG have not once met with BALPA. Ever. Nor can they be legally forced to.

If the UK is special in this regard I would find it pretty stupid to pay 1% of my salary to a union. Why anyways to negotiate if they can do whatever they like?
I pay them to fight the fights they can win, and not waste my time, money and attention on the ones they can't.

I really don't get you, Hand.
Perhaps now you will?