PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - N-reg situation update
View Single Post
Old 25th Apr 2012, 16:34
Pace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bose

Firstly apologies over the licence issue earlier in the thread! I know a few guys who jumped through licence conversion loopholes and they can be the worst at slating N reg. I appreciate that was not your route it would not have been an issue had it been

You are probably right That EASA are just going through the motions with the intention of then turning around and stating that it was not their fault that negotiations on a bi lateral failed.

They will still have a legal problem with employed pilots should anyone make a legal challenge in the EC courts.
This appears to be ignored yet it is a real issue they are aware of.

My contact who is on the June negotiating team states that both EASA and the FAA are serious about adding FCL to the existing Bi Lateral.
My question re starting exams was met with a do nothing so we will see how genuine they are.

Remember the whole thing nearly fell apart at Parliament stage where 5 MEPs were against were persuaded to vote the ship through with promises!

I do not think as Mad Jock reckons that it is a done deal. I am sure by 2014 we will have a different picture again! What that picture is ??? Only Mad Jock knows for certain

My own jet may go out of EU ops anyway so I will hold fire for a few months and see where its all heading.

Pace