PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Air Attache DH Devons
View Single Post
Old 25th Apr 2012, 14:50
Cornish Jack

Received 151 Likes on 95 Posts
Wander00 - All three that I flew with were self-fly as was the Djarkarta, Manilla, Rangoon (VP978?)
Lee
a) VP 977 ; first flight (for me) -18/7/61 local flying Don Muang, G/C Holmes(at that time, AA for Thailand, Viet Nam(S), Cambodia and Laos.Last flight - 15/4/64 Chiang Mai - BKK
b) During the whole of my time, F/Sgt 'Roly' Marsh, one of the few remaining 'all singing, all dancing' engineers - he looked after 'his baby' engines, airframe, electrics, etc., the lot - he had previously been on a similar job with the Heron for the Washington AA.
c) Minors and Majors at Seletar. Bit of guesswork follows - BKK- Sel on 16/2/62 return on 23/2/62 (Minor??) BKK-Sel on 26/9/62- pretty sure that was a Major since the return was on 31/10/62. In the interim, we 'borrowed' a Twin Pin and crew - TedBurlow and Jim Garlick(sp?) and enjoyed a month of 'different flying', including a demo of the TP's short field performance at Vientiane for Air America.
d) Has to be an educated guess but self-ferry I would think - no dates , I'm afraid.
Finally - photo's - not a lot but I will have a hunt around and see what I can find.