PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEW BA PILOT SCALE
View Single Post
Old 25th Apr 2012, 14:43
Hand Solo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We voted for an increase in the overtime threshold in our last big fight to make up for productivity issues on shothaul routes (the same ones you also try to make profitable with the integration of BMI). The overtime increase is applicable to every pilot, actual and future, short- or longhaul, CPT or FO, same for everyone.

So yes, Hand, I did walk the walk.
No you did not walk the walk. What you voted for is very, very different from what you are lecturing BA pilots to accept. So you voted for changes to overtime? Big deal! We did that years ago, with our overtime rate rate reduced to 1.25 from 1.5, applicable to every current or future BA pilot. No, what you are asking for is for every BA pilot to transition to a 34 point payscale at the next increment. That neatly overlooks the fact that it doesn't solve BAs problem, which is too many pilots at PP24 now and in the next five years. It also ignores the fact that every pilot who is currently on the fattest of paypoints loses nothing, to be funded instead by those who are on lower payscales which they signed up to in good faith. You see, or more accurately what you don't see, is that nobody is going to vote themselves a major pay cut. Not ever, in any airline. And certainly not to fund people who have yet to join a company which is still offering good salaries and is not unreasonably trying to adapt to changes in employment legislation in a reasonably fair manner. For all your pious lecturing, you still don't seem to have grasped the significance of what it is you are actually asking BA pilots to do, nor do you recognise that you have done nothing similar yourself.

I will continue to compare the concept of I am allright Jack with the concept of unity.
Yes you will, because it's lazy and the actual facts of the case don't suit your personal narrative. You clearly prefer to deal in soundbites rather than practical solutions.

It is good to show to people that there are other ways of dealing with certain challenges than the two biggest UK pilots group did in the last few years.
When you come up with a practical, feasible, realistic scenario rather than some idealistic nonsense I'll be the first one listening. What is slightly bizarre is your own self-belief that you have found the solutions to so many intractable problems in the UK industry, which have vexed the minds of many people far smarter than you with better knowledge of the situations, and you did this all on your own in a different country!

If some tempers are uncomfortable about it, so be it. They can ignore me, I am fine with it.
We already do.