PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 737 diverted to CWL
View Single Post
Old 14th Dec 2002, 21:27
ADC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So, let's have a quick look at the police statement shall we?

But further arrests could still be made among the 140 fans bussed back to Scotland last night, south Wales police warned.
...so those who were telling Sky News today that nothing happened on board the aircraft may yet get a visit from the Old Bill.

Supt Colin Jones, speaking from Barry police station, said detectives continued to treat the incident as “extremely serious”.
He also revealed that a stewardess at the centre of alleged assault allegations was treated by paramedics for a badly bruised arm after the plane touched down.
Supt Jones said tonight: “Nothing has come to my attention to scale down this incident, indeed the opposite is true.
The Capitals are mine....doesn't sound like he is tending to take much heed of the protestations of innocence then. I wouldn't have thought a "tap on the shoulder" would result in being "treated by paramedics for a badly bruised arm"

I note with interest his view that he thinks the situation is tending towards being more serious than originally thought.

Well, here is a professional Police Officer, having taken account of the evidence reported to him , the interviews carried out of passengers and crew, and reports of evidence found on the aircraft by his officers.

Maybe MOL and his fellow apologists for drunken yobs endangering aircraft will now shut up.

Somehow I suspect not .