PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEW BA PILOT SCALE
View Single Post
Old 25th Apr 2012, 13:09
BlackandBrown

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What's about being a pilot for easyJet on a mainland European contract then benderman? Excuse me while I'm not jealous of you flying an noisy 747, at night, listening to static on HF and having to spend all your night stops with a load of 50 year old unionists that seem to think they were conscribed to be cabin crew. Never a more miserable bunch than BA cabin crew. Must be a pleasure.

EasyJet is a great company - it offers a nice balance and plenty of opportunity to actually fly.

Given BA/IAGs current tack are you genuinely not concerned by the amount of time you have given/could give in an unmeritocratic organisation and how they could tear it all away from you? That's not to say you as pilots aren't performing but the seniority system means the best/ hardest working/ most motivated can be held back by some lazy b'stards right of passage.

All this said, I genuinely hope BA maintain excellent Ts and Cs and continue to recruit - not because I necessarily want to go there but because they create the labour turnover that sways the recruitment supply and demand balance.

I don't care much. I'll be smugly retired!
And so PTF will enter BA. As long as you're alright Jack.