PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Air Attache DH Devons
View Single Post
Old 25th Apr 2012, 12:16
Lee Howard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Cornish Jack

Thanks for the additional information. I'm trying to nail down the precise movements of the various Devons used for a forthcoming publication. It's proving to be quite a headache, especially with the Far East aircraft.

Just to make it abundantly clear (and easier for me to see the wood for the trees), could you perhaps confirm from your logbook:

a) the aircraft serial number and the date on which you first and last flew it and with which AA (ie VP977 Saigon 21.6.61 - 4.3.62; VP978 Djakarta 1.5.62 - 17.10.65) etc?

b) who did the day to day line servicing of the aircraft? Was it a civilian company, such as Shorts, or a regional airline sub-contracted?

c) where was the major servicing done? Changi? If you flew the aircraft to/from such bases do you have the dates too?

d) how did the aircraft get to/from the UK? Self-ferried (and if so by what route), or shipped in a dismantled state to/from Singapore/Seletar?

And finally (for now!), I don't suppose you have any photographs of the aircraft taken at the time, do you?

Thanks in advance.

Lee