PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - N-reg situation update
View Single Post
Old 25th Apr 2012, 11:17
S-Works

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
421, I AM NOT, Saying that at all. You of all people should know better.

I am saying the way it has happened. If you read what I have said constantly, I do not think that there is any benefit to this at all. It does not promote flight safety in any way.

I am just saying it as it stands at the moment and I why I think we are where we are now.

Do you really think I would not jump on the chance for EASA to just vanish and the FAA system fill the void. Lets put it in perspective on how I and the company would benefit by that.

FTO/TRTO Approvals just over £3k every time they are issued. Don't even start me on our CAMO and Part M approvals.

My own approvals. FI(A) requires renewing by test and seminar. CRI SE & ME now have to be renewed by test. My IRI needs renewing by test. My Examiner Approval needs renewing by test. I have turbine type and class ratings required to be renewed annually and biannually by test, my IR and MEP need an annual test.

Have you any idea how much that lot costs? It's all a complete crock.

However, it is where we are. If we are such a democracy, how did we get here in the first place? It is all about protectionism, pure and simple.