PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - N-reg situation update
View Single Post
Old 25th Apr 2012, 11:14
Thomascl605

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I might have known that Bose would have put together an ill worded response such as taking the jobs of fellow European pilots who are no longer able to work. A four letter word springs to mind, beginning with s, ending in b and having ca in the middle. Do you get my drift ?

As for having 5 years to convert before this, then I find that comment absolutely ludicrous, I have never had 5 years before now in which to convert. As for trying to convert whilst working this is simply not possibly due to the demands of corporate flying. I would have to leave my job in order to convert my licence, upon passing the multi guess dross 14 written exams etc would find that my job has been taken by someone like Bose.

As for going to court, yes, I would. If it's alone then so be it at least I have had a go at the stupid legal system that now envelopes Europe. Maybe the next law from the EU will affect you Bose, perhaps you won't think it as funny then.

As I have a young family to support I do indeed believe that this would be against my human rights if enforced. Why, pray tell do I need an EASA licence to fly a plane with a big 'N' on the tail. I don't recall seeing that in the FAR's.

As for residency of operator/ pilot I also don't recall seeing that in the FAR's either. I am a legally licenced pilot that has been flying 'N' reg for years, law of precedent, and this is discrimination against european citizens at its worst.