PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe pilots fired after flight deck row
View Single Post
Old 25th Apr 2012, 10:45
Landflap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alexander, your post 83 of 24 April contains a curious swipe at "people like you" when you don't know me and , clearly, have misuderstood my post. I suggest it is people like you who have embraced CRM as a means of voicing a otherwise insignificant contribution. I do not get drawn by trolls & dont get drawn into debate where a point has been misunderstood. Let me just reiterate. If & when the Regulatory Authorities hold everyone in the chain culpable, I will gladly adopt some of the weird CRM thinking that goes into the decision making process.Some of the less weird I already adopt & promote.Always did. At the present time, when operational, only the Captain will have to account, finally and conclusively.

It is possible that you have missed this point too. A quick illustration is that, recently, facing a real possibility of having to exercise discretion in order to complete a duty, a junior CA said to me that there was "no way" that he was going to exercise "his" discretion. Funny, thought it was mine ! Bought him a coffee & had a gentle discussion about who is, actually, finally, charged with responsibility & why "my" manual refers to "Captain's discretion".

Got it, Alex ? Safe flying. Six miles high & at eight miles a minute sometimes requires decisive commands and intent.

Have a go and take CRM into the Battlefields of the Mid East (currently) and a few Generals might not like being referred to as "People like you ".