PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - N-reg situation update
View Single Post
Old 25th Apr 2012, 10:31
S-Works

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It maybe that by the end of this year I have to go the EASA way but the right way even if it does not happen now has to be global recognition and standardisation of licences and that is my principal.
EASA had a golden opportunity of doing just that while saving the industry a fortune and failed to do so.
But I think thats where the problem lies. Your principal is flawed in my humble opinion.

You chose what was perceived and easier and cheaper system. Cheaper because it is paid for by tax payers in another country. A system that you only take from. European philosophy is to protect its citizens and that includes the flight training and regulatory industry. So they are well within their rights to insist that as a European resident and tax payer you participate in the regime over here.

This is nothing to do with safety or recognition of licences, it is about protectionism. EASA are not saying that they don't recognise your licence, just that they want you to have one of theirs as well so that you have passed through the same system as everyone else. This is no different from what any other country does. Everywhere I have worked I have had to convert my licence to that countries. The complexity of conversion has been different every time. EASA have chosen to make it appear to be more difficult than it needs to be, but that is their choice and European law. So you are faced with either complying, leaving or giving up. Or if you really think your human rights are being abused take them to court. Personally I think you would only be able to claim that if you were prevented from working, which you are not, you are just being told to comply like the rest of us......