PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Daytona, Florida, US of A
View Single Post
Old 16th Mar 2002, 02:51
clear prop!!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think that CAT3C may have hit the nail on the head.. .. .There can be no doubt that ER is one of the best places if not the best place to do you FAA ATPL. .. .From your profile and past posts, you are clearly a British citizen. Do you intend to ultimately look for work in the US? If so, can you?. .. .To convert your FAA ATPL to a JAR one, will cost you the thick end of an arm and a leg, to the point that you would be as well to bite the bullet and go for OATS or BAe.. .. .In addition, there is a HUGE amount of misplaced, illinformed naive bias against US training over here, most of which comes from those without a US hour to their name! One would almost think that US aviators fall out of the sky on an hourly basis if you were to believe some of the comments on this very forum!!. .. .From what I have seen and heard ON A FIRST HAND BASIS, ER is without doubt the place to go if you intend to progress your career in the US.. .. .Daytona will give you some excellent experience, which you will have little chance of replicating here. I spent many an approach there whilst doing my FAA IR and, whilst it was busy, I have to say I had nowhere near the problems that some of the above have experienced.. .. .Good luck