PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEW BA PILOT SCALE
View Single Post
Old 25th Apr 2012, 08:24
BitMoreRightRudder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Studi you are like a broken record. It is always the same few usernames who appear on BA threads having a moan - you are one of them.

You have demonstrated clearly on many occasions you do not understand the alternative to pp34 that we had to vote over. There was never an option to "sell out" future colleagues, only decide which option offered the best form of damage limitation to the career paths of ourselves and those who wish to join in the decades to come. Legacy airlines are changing, whether we like it or not. What you haven't realised (yet) is "just saying no" is not a long term option for legacy pilots of the modern day. I would point you in the direction of Qantas, Iberia and the recent collective bargaining changes that are likely to be the pre-cursor to major changes at Air France.

It isn't 1970 anymore, Brit -bash as much as you like if it makes you feel better but the music stopped a long time ago. Prolonging the T&Cs our predecessors established (in a state-owned era when profit and share price were secondary/non-existent issues) is the name of the game now.

it was clearly shown here that most BA (and unfortunately also EZY UK) pilots don't have any longterm strategic view on where they stand
I would suggest we have a clear grasp on reality and the pp34 vote demonstrated a clear understanding of the long-term prospects for our careers. No one liked doing it. I would also suggest that sticking our heads in the sand and telling our reps to shout "NO" loudly at ruthless members of the IAG hierarchy would be demonstrating the polar opposite of a long term strategy.