PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - B737 WINDSHEAR ESCAPE MANEUVRE
View Single Post
Old 25th Apr 2012, 06:37
Pontius

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
737OPR,

Sorry mate, didn't mean to sound so rude and I certainly won't ignore you. My written word does not convey the light-hearted manner in which I was trying to write. I won't change my post or else it'll make the whole thread nonsense but I was trying to be jocular and not the prat that I can see my reply made me out to be Edited bit: I now see what you meant about A/P & A/T off....see explanation below....boy I'm cocking this thread up

You're right about the subtle differences between aircraft and I'm yet to add 777 to my flight sim add-ons of 73/74/75/76, so cannot comment about that beast, but I think for the others Boeing decided to save some money and didn't bother changing the windshear logic between aircraft. Okay, it's probably a lot more technical than that but they all seem to work the same way.

PS: When I say 737 I'm talking 3/4/500. I've never played with the NG, so have no idea what MS have programmed into that.

Edited in a HUGE way because I forgot the 737 disengages the Arm switch when you disengage the A/T. Therefore reference to 'smart' modes etc was complete bollox.

Last edited by Pontius; 25th Apr 2012 at 06:49.