PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas to reduce heavy maintenance labour by 60%
Old 25th Apr 2012, 04:04
TIMA9X

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
quotes nothing but lawyer speak that means nothing to union members.

Unfortunately we elected a Liberal Govt in Labor costumes.
Agree Steve, it happened in the UK under Tony Blair then Gordon Brown,(Tory's dressed up as a Labor party) look what happened to them.... eventually the "service industry" sent the economy into a spin after they sold the farm, (quick fix) ie their manufacturing base, the car industry etc. Now the Germans (Rolls Royce, Bentley) and India (Jag, Rover) are cleaning up.

With great respect Steve, the Australian Labor Party are working against the unions quietly but pretending to support you guys.. exactly the same way Tony Blair did in the UK... Like lemmings we just follow and allow it to happen.

I was living in the UK when this happened to my disgust.. last year it appeared the momentum against Clifford's plans were exposed in this clip,

then the wheels fell off... Shorten's double speak in this clip says it all... talk about sitting on the fence.

he says nothing but actually supports the Qantas management... quotes nothing but lawyer speak that means nothing to union members.

The unions were duped by Labor, no doubt about it... forget the FWA, it works against the workers of Australia and designed by Labor.

It's the same tactics as the UK, slow bake the the unions. There is plenty of evidence, Bill Shorten, Albo & Gillard sold you guys out last year.... The FWA appeal by the pilots which they should win is also being slow baked by the "legal eagles" attached to the system. They will twist the decision to support the FWA system and the business community leaders, in my view of course.

Union leaders of Australia have allowed Gillard to get off lightly because of it's close ties, they trusted them too much... (the same as the UK)

From another thread, for me sums up the real plan

The strategy is pretty obvious. Far Q Premium is still on. However, while they are shedding lots of employees in Australia they just can't talk about it out loud. Remember, 'the Asian strategy does not give rise to job losses in Australia'? They don't want any bad publicity like Toyota Australia, do they! It is still the plan, it's just gone underground.

Then, dirty work completed, up pops the new 787 base in Singapore, all sorted and ready to go. [What a surprise!].
I have recorded all the happenings for the past two years on my channel for your reference
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52kT...osx5fFDdtlXEY=

Last edited by TIMA9X; 26th Apr 2012 at 00:10. Reason: tone down