PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Former concorde captain speaks out on erebus
Old 24th Apr 2012, 21:31
gobbledock

Location: Alabama, then Wyoming, then Idaho and now staying with Kharon on Styx houseboat
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The biggest turds.....

The wheel is just going to keep on turning in relation to 'who thinks who' is to blame for the accident, to that end I will add no more.

What astounds me however is how little attention is paid to the post accident actions of ANZ and the Government.

Read 'Darker Shades Of Blue', it can be applied perfectly to ANZ and the NZ Government of that day. We bang on predominately in life about 'accidents and rogue pilots', but to me more frightening or more worrying are the holistically rogue airlines and rogue governments.
Is it any different today? Rogue regulators, rogue governments and Ministers offices and rogue senior airline executive managers. These elements all exist today, with evidence 'popping up on the radar' on an almost weekly basis. This industry is a block of Swiss cheese and the holes just keep on aligning themselves. The 'fish rots at the head', the head of powers in fact, and there has been a stinking carcas laying around for ages. Erebus was Erebus, we can't turn back the clock. The sad thing is I don't see any improvement or lessons learned within in the rogue executive airline management, government or regulatory bodies in AUS/NZ. Nothing to date, in the past 30 years changes my opinion that the next disaster has been and is lining itself up.

Tick tock